Re: Random PGDLLIMPORTing

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Random PGDLLIMPORTing
Date: 2016-11-24 23:36:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> My guess is that PGDLLIMPORT has been added explicitly when somebody needed
> it for something, without any actual thought. I can't say I see any reason
> not to export the other ones as well -- more that maybe there are even more
> that are needed?

Yes, more or less. The reasoning behind at least the PostmasterPID bit is that:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqS_=14KRCDcH6NyRsW8c58J1cwXv6QCVS7YP-6tTHQ1nA@mail.gmail.com
That resulted in cac83219.

The other ones could perhaps be marked with PGDLLIMPORT. Now usually
we need a use-case behind this change, and there are not that many
hackers on Windows doing much plugin development.
--
Michael