Re: psql autocomplete works not good in USER command in 9.6

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Дмитрий Воронин <carriingfate92(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: psql autocomplete works not good in USER command in 9.6
Date: 2016-10-06 12:50:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Дмитрий Воронин
<carriingfate92(at)yandex(dot)ru> wrote:
> I find, that autocomplete does not works good when I type in psql some USER commands:
>
> CREATE USER <tab> ...
> ALTER USER <tab> ...
>
> psql's autocomplete returns database users and "pg_signal_backend" function, I suppose, that is not correct.
>
> I try to undestand reasons and make a patch if those problem has not been solved yet.

I don't see any problems here. CREATE/ALTER USER have for a pretty
long time tab-completed with the existing role names. 9.6 is not
really new to that. What's new though in 9.6 is the introduction of
pg_signal_backend in the list as a system role.
--
Michael