Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Date: 2017-08-10 00:48:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Aleksander Alekseev
<a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> I believe this patch is "Ready for Committer".
>
> The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Thanks for the lookup, but I think that this is still hasty as no
discussion has happened about a couple of APIs to get object names.
Types, operators and functions have no "cache lookup" and prefer
producing names like "???" or "-". We may want to change that. Or not.
The current patch keeps existing interfaces as much as possible but
those existing caveats remain.
--
Michael