Re: Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments with pg_receivexlog

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Automatic cleanup of oldest WAL segments with pg_receivexlog
Date: 2017-02-27 05:32:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Michael Paquier
> To be consistent with archive_command and restore_command I'd rather
> not do that. The command called can decide by itself what to do by
> looking at the shape of the argument string.

Just before the CF begins, I have taken some time to build up a patch
that implements this --end-segment-command, with %f as placeholder.
The patch is registered here:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/13/1040/
Comments are welcome.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgreceivewal-endseg-cmd.patch application/octet-stream 8.9 KB