Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date: 2016-03-04 00:36:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 7:21 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Well the source code does not compile on MSVC2015, the perl changes needed
> are really tiny, there is some code that needs changes to work with 2015,
> particularly in the locale code-page detection area so it's definitely not
> just build system. But I think it should be fairly localized and fenced by
> ifdef anyway.

Yeah, that's my first impression as well. We should not need any APIs
changes and the changes would be limited to if extra blocks with
_MSC_VER, if that would occur then I definitely agree that patching
only HEAD is the way to go. I'll look at that today and the next
couple of days, let's see what I can get out of it...
--
Michael