Re: CLUSTER command progress monitor

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuro Yamada <yamada(dot)tatsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: CLUSTER command progress monitor
Date: 2017-09-04 06:38:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Tatsuro Yamada
<yamada(dot)tatsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Then I have questions.
>
> * Should we have separate views for them? Or should both be covered by the
> same view with some indication of which command (CLUSTER or VACUUM FULL)
> is actually running?

Using the same view for both, and tell that this is rather VACUUM or
CLUSTER in the view, would be better IMO. Coming up with a name more
generic than pg_stat_progress_cluster may be better though if this
speaks with VACUUM FULL as well, user-facing documentation does not
say that VACUUM FULL is actually CLUSTER.

> I'll add this patch to CF2017-09.
> Any comments or suggestion are welcome.

Nice to see that you are taking the time to implement patches for
upstream, Yamada-san!
--
Michael