Re: Fix overflow in DecodeInterval

From: Joseph Koshakow <koshy44(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix overflow in DecodeInterval
Date: 2022-02-13 14:35:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 10:51 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> Any reason for using int return types?
>
> particularly since the pg_*_overflow stuff uses bool?

I chose int return types to keep all these methods
consistent with DecodeInterval, which returns a
non-zero int to indicate an error. Though I wasn't sure
if an int or bool would be best, so I'm happy to change
to bool if people think that's better.

Also I'm realizing now that I've incorrectly been using the
number of the patch to indicate the version, instead of just
sticking a v3 to the front. So sorry about that, all the patches
I sent in this thread are the same patch, just different versions.

- Joe Koshakow