Re: Typo in README.barrier

From: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Typo in README.barrier
Date: 2021-05-17 22:07:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 17 May 2021 at 17:18, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> > On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 09:33:27AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >> Me too. Let's backpatch.
> >
> > A README is not directly user-facing, it is here for developers, so I
> > would not really bother with a backpatch. Now it is not a big deal to
> > do so either, so that's not a -1 from me, more a +0, for "please feel
> > free to do what you think is most adapted".
>
> I think README is similar to code comments. If a code comment is
> wrong, we usually fix to back branches. Why can't we do the same thing
> for README?

Thanks for the votes. Since Michael was on the fence and I was just
leaning over it and Ishii-san was pro-backpatch, I backpatched it.

> > You may want to hold on until 14beta1 is tagged, though.
>
> Of course we can wait till that day but I wonder why.

I imagined that would be a good idea for more risky patches so we
don't break something before a good round of buildfarm testing.
However, since this is just a README, I didn't think it would have
mattered. Maybe there's another reason I'm overlooking?

David