Re: Unaccent extension python script Issue in Windows

From: Hugh Ranalli <hugh(at)whtc(dot)ca>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: raam narayana <raam(dot)soft(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unaccent extension python script Issue in Windows
Date: 2019-03-18 13:06:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 01:14, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> This patch contains irrelevant changes. The minimal required
> change would be the attached. If you want refacotor the
> UnicodeData reader or rearrange import sutff, it should be
> separate patches.

I'm not sure I'd classify the second change as "irrelevant." Using "with"
is the standard and recommended practice for working with files in Python.
At the moment the script does nothing to close the open data file, whether
through regular processing or in the case of an exception. I would argue
that's a bug and should be fixed. Creating a separate patch for that seems
to be adding work for no reason.

Hugh