Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER

From: Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, mahendrakar s <mahendrakarforpg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrey Chudnovsky <achudnovskij(at)gmail(dot)com>, "hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, "smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com" <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
Date: 2023-07-11 17:50:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 4:50 PM Jacob Champion <jchampion(at)timescale(dot)com> wrote:
> I don't understand why the
> server-side tests are failing on FreeBSD, but they shouldn't be using
> the libpq code at all, so I think your kqueue implementation is in the
> clear.

Oh, whoops, it's just the missed CLOEXEC flag in the final patch. (If
the write side of the pipe gets copied around, it hangs open and the
validator never sees the "end" of the token.) I'll switch the logic
around to set the flag on the write side instead of unsetting it on
the read side.

I have a WIP patch that passes tests on FreeBSD, which I'll clean up
and post Sometime Soon. macOS builds now but still fails before it
runs the test; looks like it's having trouble finding OpenSSL during
`pip install` of the test modules...

Thanks!
--Jacob