Re: archive falling behind

From: Federico <rotellaro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: German Becker <german(dot)becker(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive falling behind
Date: 2013-04-26 13:53:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

The shell script call used in the archive_command is a bad idea.

Each time a new segment is archived a new shell is started and this add a
be massive overload, then and you have an extra overload for the ssh
transfer.....

I suggest you to stick with the simple cp command with the test option from
the manual then transfer the archived segments in a second time using a
more reliable system like rsync.

Cheers
Federico

--
Federico Campoli
DE MATERIALIZING, UK, Planet Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy