Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm for partition-wise join

From: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Etsuro Fujita <etsuro(dot)fujita(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi <rajkumar(dot)raghuwanshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm for partition-wise join
Date: 2019-09-05 04:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 2:40 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Fujita-san, amul,
>
> CFbot complains that Fujita-san submitted a patch that doesn't apply,
> which makes sense since the necessary previous patch was only referred
> to without being resubmitted. I suggest to always post all patches
> together with each resubmission so that it can be checked automatically
> by the cf bot: http://commitfest.cputube.org/etsuro-fujita.html

Understood and sorry about that.

I'm not clear on who the author of this patch is, now. Also, I'm not
> sure what the *status* is. Are we waiting for Fujita-san to review this
> patch?

Yes, we are waiting for Fujita-san to review. Fujita-san has started a
review
and proposed some enhancement which I reviewed in the last update.

I think soon Fujita-san might post the complete patch including his changes.

Regards,
Amul