Re: BUG #14418: PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: avalon(at)list(dot)ru
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14418: PGAdmin 4 feature request/feedback
Date: 2016-11-11 01:18:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:39 PM, <avalon(at)list(dot)ru> wrote:

> Bug reference: 14418
> Logged by: Pavel Shirokov
> Email address: avalon(at)list(dot)ru
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
> Operating system: Windows Server 2016
>
> Hello,
> This feedback were negative. I really don't understand what are you doing:
> 1. PgAdminAppicationServer? Really? Client-Server architecture for this
> small program? I can't believe, this is terrible.
> 2. Ok, next - bugs and crashes everywhere.
> 3. I can't change user, except "postgres" to connect - pgadmin crashes
> every
> time.
> 4. Ok. Let's edit table values, than we disconnect from db - and we can
> change values again. What for connect\disconnect if data can be changed?
> 5. Width of column don't saved.
> 6. ScrollBar never updates on change tab from TabPage.
> 7. If I select modal windows - I can select all in pagadmin what not in
> modal window.
> 8. Restore DataBase - what did you with simple pg_restore.exe command line?
> No one DB restores, only from command line. I even can't see what happens
> when restore in process - big windows with command line and nothing bigger.
> If you do this - where output, that pg_restore generate in process?
>
> This all bugs - only after one hour of work. May bugs and crashes you fix,
> but PGAdmin 4 is very slow.
>
> I have Celeron J1900 + SSD, Visual Studio 2015.3 works like a rocket.
> PGAdmin 4 like a turtle. Just read - Visual Studio 2015.3 - serious program
> packet work very faster, than your "just db editor" - WTF?! O_o
>
> This is road to nowhere.
>
> Rest in peace PGAdmin 4, amen.

​Do you realize that PGAdmin is _not_ a part of PostgreSQL, but by an
entirely different group of developers with no official connection to this
group at all? You need to make your concerns known to them.
https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/