Re: please quote POSTGRESQL

From: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Giovanni Pisante | Danysoft" <g(dot)pisante(at)danysoft(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: please quote POSTGRESQL
Date: 2017-10-10 14:19:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

g(dot)pisante(at)danysoft(dot)com>:

> Hi,
>

> any updates on this?

​One, this question is not a "bug", so I'd say this is the wrong place to
ask. But since I'm reply anyway. ...​

​I am not a part of the PostgreSQL team. So I can't give you anything that
is really official. PostgreSQL is a __community__ database software system.
If you want to use PostgreSQL and bundle it in with your own software, you
may freely (gratis & libre) do so. The PostgreSQL license, shown here:
https://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/ is very "open". Again, the
software is both libre & gratis. Basically all you need to do is include
the referenced copyright notification in your distribution of the software.
If you modify PostgreSQL, you can distribute the binaries __without__ being
required to distribute the source. That is, you can "commercialize" your
version. A "side effect" of this is that there is no _official_ support.
You can report a bug, deficiency, or improvement, but you are not
guaranteed that anything will be done (even though something likely will).

Now, if you want a contract with the __commerical__ version of PostgreSQL,
that is called EDB PostgreSQL. You can learn more about this version here:
you to go here: https://www.enterprisedb.com/general-inquiry-form to get
more information, such as pricing.

I hope this is of some help to you.​

--