Re: Cleanup - Removed unused function parameter in reorder buffer & parallel vacuum

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleanup - Removed unused function parameter in reorder buffer & parallel vacuum
Date: 2020-07-03 12:34:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 09:07, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> While checking through the code I found that some of the function
>> parameters in reorderbuffer & vacuumlazy are not used. I felt this
>> could be removed. I'm not sure if it is kept for future use or not.
>> Attached patch contains the changes for the same.
>> Thoughts?
>

> Unused? To confirm that, everybody that has a logical decoding plugin needs to check their code so we are certain this is sensible.

The changes proposed by Vignesh are in ReorderBuffer APIs and some of
them are static functions, so not sure if decoding plugin comes into
the picture.

> Seems like a change with low utility.

Yeah, all or most of the ReorderBuffer APIs seem to take the
"ReorderBuffer *" parameter, so not sure if removing from some of them
is useful or not. At least in the current form, they look consistent.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.