Re: pgsql: Notify bgworker registrant after freeing worker slot.

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Notify bgworker registrant after freeing worker slot.
Date: 2017-03-06 13:21:06
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> Notify bgworker registrant after freeing worker slot.

After this commit, I am seeing parallel queires being stucked on my
windows machine. I think the notify pid is stale in
ReportBackgroundWorkerExit() as we are freeing the same in
ForgetBackgroundWorker(). Attached patch fixes the problem for me.

Ashutosh Sharma has independently reported (offlist) this problem to me.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
select_parallel_hang_v1.patch application/octet-stream 988 bytes