Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Keisuke Kuroda <keisuke(dot)kuroda(dot)3862(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logical replication CPU-bound with TRUNCATE/DROP/CREATE many tables
Date: 2020-09-28 08:52:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:01 AM Keisuke Kuroda
<keisuke(dot)kuroda(dot)3862(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > Okay. Feel free to clarify your questions if you have any? Are you
> > interested in writing a patch for the same?
>
> Thank you! Yes, I would like to write a patch.
> If you already have a discussed thread or patch for this idea,
> please let me know.

I don't have a patch for this idea but you can refer [1]
(v25-0002-Issue-individual-invalidations-with-wal_level-lo) to see
what I was trying to say about registering the invalidations in the
form of ReorderBufferChange. We have something along the lines of what
I described above in that patch but we have removed it because we need
all the invalidations to be accumulated to handle aborts and we don't
want two different mechanisms to store invalidations.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-t%2BnKqv%2BoTE37NWYaZHiJGzogoWcsW1_qMcXeV5u3ErmA%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.