Re: Hitting CheckRelationLockedByMe() ASSERT with force_generic_plan

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Hitting CheckRelationLockedByMe() ASSERT with force_generic_plan
Date: 2018-12-14 11:13:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 11:32 AM Rushabh Lathia
<rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> While looking code further around this, I realized that we need
> similar kind of fix for bitmap as well as index only scan as well.

I think if we want to move forward with this patch, we need to first
investigate the deadlock hazard mentioned by Tom in other related
thread [1]. I and others have also responded on that thread, see if
you can respond to it.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3046.1542990312%40sss.pgh.pa.us

--
With Regards,