Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Date: 2023-03-16 09:23:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 6:26 PM Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Attaching v2

Can we change the comment to: "Ignore dropped and generated columns as
the publisher doesn't send those."? After your change, att =
TupleDescAttr(slot1->tts_tupleDescriptor, attrnum); is done twice in
the same function.

In test cases, let's change the comment to: "The bug was that when the
REPLICA IDENTITY FULL is used with dropped or generated columns, we
fail to apply updates and deletes.". Also, I think we don't need to
provide the email link as anyway commit message will have a link to
the discussion.

Did you check this in the back branches?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.