Re: Re[2]: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bpd0018(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Adding a note to protocol.sgml regarding CopyData
Date: 2018-09-25 11:55:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 4:51 AM Bradley DeJong <bpd0018(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On 2018-09-22, Amit Kapila wrote ...
> > ... duplicate the same information in different words at three
> different places ...
>
> I count 7 different places. In the protocol docs, there is the old
> mention in the "Summary of Changes since Protocol 2.0" section

Below text is present in the section quoted by you:
needed anymore, and is not sent during <command>COPY OUT</command>.
(It is still recognized as a terminator during <command>COPY
IN</command>, but its use is deprecated and will eventually be
removed.)

This email started with the need to mention this in protocol.sgml and
it is already present although at a different place than the place at
which it is proposed. Personally, I don't see the need to add it to
more places. Does anybody else have any opinion on this matter?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.