Re: Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : For Auto-Prewarm.
Date: 2017-02-09 10:40:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:31 AM, Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> SEGFAULT was the coding mistake I have called the C-language function
>> directly without initializing the functioncallinfo. Thanks for
>> raising. Below patch fixes same.
>
> It would be nice if this had an option to preload only internal B-tree
> pages into shared_buffers.

Sure, but I think it won't directly fit into the current functionality
of patch which loads the blocks that were dumped from shared buffers
before the server has stopped. The way to extend it could be that
while dumping it just dumps the btree internal pages or something like
that.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.