Windows Services and Postgresql 9.1.3

From: Vincent Dautremont <vincent(at)searidgetech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows Services and Postgresql 9.1.3
Date: 2012-09-11 20:48:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm using Postgresql 9.1.3 x64 on Windows 2008,
I'm doing reliability tests and effects and consequences of a server power
failure.

What I see is that when Windows reboots from a power failure sometimes the
Windows postgresql service is not in sync with the actual state of postgres.

For example, after the server had rebooted, I would stop the service from
services.msc
Windows then reports it as stopped but I can still see that the database is
running, and can use it.
When I would start the service again, I would end up with a timeout waiting
for the service to be started. When in fact the database was always running.

Anyone had that bug/problem before ?

Thank You,
Vincent.