Re: Hash Joins vs. Bloom Filters / take 2

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jfinnert(at)amazon(dot)com, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hash Joins vs. Bloom Filters / take 2
Date: 2018-11-30 15:34:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 10:17 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I haven't really planned to work on this anytime soon, unfortunately,
> which is why I proposed to mark it as RwF at the end of the last CF. I
> already have a couple other patches there, and (more importantly) I
> don't have a very clear idea how to implement the filter pushdown.
>
> That being said I still think it'd be an interesting improvement, and if
> someone wants to take over I'm available as a reviewer / tester ...

Since no one expressed any particular desire to take over the patch, I'm
marking it as "Returned with feedback". Although I really like the discussion
that happened here, maybe it worth to move a part of it to the wiki under the
"possible improvements" flag?