Re: Extending range of to_tsvector et al

From: john knightley <john(dot)knightley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dan Scott <denials(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extending range of to_tsvector et al
Date: 2012-10-01 03:45:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Dan,

thank you for your reply.

The OS I am using is Ubuntu 12.04, with PostgreSQL 9.1.5 installed on
a utf8 local

A short 5 line dictionary file is sufficient to test:-

raeuz
我们
𦘭𥎵
𪽖𫖂
󶒘󴮬

line 1 "raeuz" Zhuang word written using English letters and show up
under ts_vector ok
line 2 "我们" uses everyday Chinese word and show up under ts_vector ok
line 3 "𦘭𥎵" Zhuang word written using rather old Chinese charcters
found in Unicode 3.1 which came in about the year 2000 and show up
under ts_vector ok
line 4 "𪽖𫖂" Zhuang word written using rather old Chinese charcters
found in Unicode 5.2 which came in about the year 2009 but do not show
up under ts_vector ok
line 5 "󶒘󴮬" Zhuang word written using rather old Chinese charcters
found in PUA area of the font Sawndip.ttf but do not show up under
ts_vector ok (Font can be downloaded from
http://gdzhdb.l10n-support.com/sawndip-fonts/Sawndip.ttf)

The last two words even though included in a dictionary do not get
accepted by ts_vector.

Regards
John