Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wolfgang Walther <walther(at)technowledgy(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Date: 2024-03-16 20:54:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 9:19 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Another interesting thing that came up when I googled musl/glibc
> differences -- old but looks plausibly still true (not that I expect
> our code to be modifying that stuff in place, just something to
> check):
>
> https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2014/08/31/14

Hmm, that does mention setproctitle, and our ps_status.c does indeed
clobber some stuff in that region (in fact our ps_status.c is likely
derived from the setproctitle() function from sendmail AFAICT). But
that's in our "backend" server processes, unlike the problems we have
on Macs... oh but you're failing to load libpqwalreceiver.so which
makes some sense for the backend hypothesis. What happens if you hack
ps_status.c to use PS_USE_NONE?