Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andy Fan <zhihui(dot)fan1213(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date: 2021-03-09 00:27:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 1:22 PM Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 15:42:00 -0500
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> > (A useful feature of the cfbot might be to notify the authors and
> > reviewers when it detects bitrot for a previously passing entry.)
>
> +1
> The feature notifying it authors seems to me nice.

Nice idea. I was initially afraid of teaching cfbot to send email,
for fear of creating an out of control spam machine. Probably the
main thing would be the ability to interact with it to turn it on/off.
It's probably time to move forward with the plan of pushing the
results into a commitfest.postgresql.org API, and then making Magnus
et al write the email spam code with a preferences screen linked to
your community account :-D