Re: Regression tests failures on Windows Server 2019 - on master at commit # d816f366b

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression tests failures on Windows Server 2019 - on master at commit # d816f366b
Date: 2022-03-04 20:29:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 7:10 AM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> Or perhaps pg_ctl ought to pass CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP to CreateProcess()?
> The lack of a process group would explain why we're getting signalled on
> ctrl-c...

I thought that sounded promising, given that the recent Cirrus agent
commit you pointed to says "Always kill spawned shell's process group
to avoid pipe FD hangs", and given that we do something conceptually
similar on Unix. It doesn't seem to help, though...

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5572163880091648