Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table

From: Stéphane Tachoires <stephane(dot)tachoires(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Cary Huang <cary(dot)huang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Gilles Darold <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table
Date: 2023-02-25 16:40:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm not sure about the "child" -> "partition" change as it also selects
childs that are not partitions.
I'm more dubious about the --with-childs option, I'd rather have
--table-with-childs=<PATTERN> and --exclude-table-with-childs=<PATTERN>.
That will be clearer about what is what.

I'm working on that, but have a hard time with test pg_dump/002_pg_dump
(It's brand new to me)

Stéphane

--
"Où se posaient les hirondelles avant l'invention du téléphone ?"
-- Grégoire Lacroix