Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table

From: Cary Huang <cary(dot)huang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Gilles Darold <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table
Date: 2023-02-24 22:49:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: not tested

Hi

the patch applies fine on current master branch and it works as described. However, I would suggest changing the new option name from "--with-childs" to "--with-partitions" for several reasons.

"childs" is grammatically incorrect and in the PG community, the term "partitioned table" is normally used to denote a parent table, and the term "partition" is used to denote the child table under the parent table. We should use these terms to stay consistent with the community.

Also, I would rephrase the documentation as:

thank you

Cary Huang
HighGo Software Canada
www.highgo.ca