Re: Code of Conduct

From: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
To: Fred Pratt <fpratt(at)microtechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct
Date: 2018-09-19 18:02:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Fred Pratt
<fpratt(at)microtechnologies(dot)com> wrote:
> Keep pg open and free. This smells of PC police. This community can police itself
No comment on this, just kept for context.

> Sent from my mobile device. Please pardon my brevity and typos. I am not responsible for changes made by this device’s autocorrect feature.

I will happily pardon brevity ( although I would not call a ten line
sig plus a huge bottom quote "breve", and AFAIK it means the same in
english as in spanish ) and/or typos, but the "I am not responsible"
feels nearly insulting. Did someone force you to use "this device" (
which you seem to perceive as inadequate for a nice answer ) to reply,
or did you choose to do it ? ( real, not rethoric question, but do not
answer if you feel its inadequate )

As an aside, is this kind of afirmations and/or my response to it a
violation of the current CoC ?

Francisco Olarte.