Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Date: 2011-11-02 20:07:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> Well, as someone who sets up and admins replication for a bunch of
> clients, here's what I'd like to see:

Everyone has their own set of requirements. I've tried hard to fuse
those together into a useful proposal, listening to all. Please bear
in mind that I make my living in exactly the same way you do, so you
must surely be aware I do this solely in the common interest.

I don't force you to accept that proposal, but challenging it does
require somebody to step up to the plate and work out a better
detailed proposal rather than just restate what they personally want.
I don't rule out out that a better proposal exists and would be
incredibly happy if someone worked out the design, wrote it up and
desnaggled it.

We can always do nothing, which is a safe and viable option.