Re: list of credits for release notes

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: list of credits for release notes
Date: 2017-10-03 10:46:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Michael is correct.
>
> Sometimes people choose family name first in the emails. However I am
> sure "Fujii" is the family name and "Masao" is the firstname.

But I don't think that directly answers the question of how he would
prefer to be credited. Since I am American, I prefer to be credited
using the style "${FIRSTNAME} ${LASTNAME}", but the preferences of
someone from another country might be the same or different. I don't
think we should presume that someone prefers something other than the
style in their email name unless they say so.

The question of what to do about pseudonyms is a tricky one - I'm not
really keen to have such things in the release notes in lieu of actual
names.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company