Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 马来酸 <cs_maleicacid(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project
Date: 2018-03-01 19:31:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:56 AM, 马来酸 <cs_maleicacid(at)163(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi, my name is Hongyuan Ma. I am a junior student in software engineering in
> Shanghai.I am interested in the idea "Develop Performance Farm Database and
> Website".I started developing web applications since my sophomore year and
> have experience in developing web sites.
>
> I took a look at the buildfarm project and in my opinion, the Performance
> Farm project has three basic functions:
>
> User Authentication
> Upload data (json format or file format)
> Review the data(may provide search, sorting and other functions)

I might be wrong here, but I think that the problem here has a lot
more to do with deciding what we want to do, figuring out where we're
going to get the machine resources to do it, and making sure that we
don't build something that executes random code off the Internet that
might've been written by bad people.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company