Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies
Date: 2019-02-20 21:27:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> > (2) you are not against improving the documentation, although you find it
> > clear enough already, but you agree that some people could get confused.
> >
> > The attached patch v4 only improves the documentation so that it reflects
> > what the implementation really does. I think it too bad to leave out the
> > user-friendly aspects of the patch, though.
>
> Robert, any chance you could opine on the doc patch, given that's your
> suggested direction?

I find it to be a more change than we really need, and I'm not sure
how much it helps to clarify the issue at hand. Here is a simpler
change which seems like it might do the trick (or maybe not, let's see
what others think).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
clarify-hostaddr-rmh.patch application/octet-stream 1.4 KB