Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: testing ProcArrayLock patches
Date: 2011-11-18 23:19:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Kevin Grittner
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Any chance you can run oprofile (on either branch, don't really
>> care) against the 32 client test and post the results?
>
> [ oprofile results ]

Hmm. That looks a lot like a profile with no lock contention at all.
Since I see XLogInsert in there, I assume this must be a pgbench write
test on unlogged tables? How close am I?

I was actually thinking it would be interesting to oprofile the
read-only test; see if we can figure out where those slowdowns are
coming from.

> Two runs:
>
> tps = 21946.961196 (including connections establishing)
> tps = 22911.873227 (including connections establishing)
>
> For write transactions, that seems pretty respectable.

Very. What do you get without the patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company