Re: pg9.6 segfault using simple query (related to use fk for join estimates)

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Julien Rouhaud <julien(dot)rouhaud(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stefan Huehner <stefan(at)huehner(dot)org>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg9.6 segfault using simple query (related to use fk for join estimates)
Date: 2016-06-02 14:18:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:
> This PostgreSQL 9.6 open item is past due for your status update. Kindly send
> a status update within 24 hours, and include a date for your subsequent status
> update. Refer to the policy on open item ownership:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160527025039.GA447393@tornado.leadboat.com

FYI, I spoke to Tom Lane about this at PGCon and suggested that he
look at the proposed patch as I requested in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmobPqrAVXOBMHTcpDq8hX7gCzcVhoUvC8s9V=d09+bt30w@mail.gmail.com
and see whether that would address his concerns, and he said that he
would do that. It may, however, have slipped his mind.

My opinion is that something needs to be done about this patch. It
needs to be improved or reverted. Improved would be ideal in my mind,
but reverted is an outcome I can live with.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company