Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Date: 2019-08-21 02:56:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:11 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > We can probably check the fxid queue and error queue to get that
> > value. However, I am not sure if that is sufficient because incase we
> > perform the request in the foreground, it won't be present in queues.
>
> Oh, I forgot about that requirement. I think I can fix it so it does
> that fairly easily, but it will require a little bit of redesign which
> I won't have time to do this week.

Here's a version with a quick (possibly buggy) prototype of the
oldest-FXID support. It also includes a bunch of comment changes,
pgindent, and a few other tweaks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-New-undo-request-manager-now-with-UndoRequestMana.patch application/octet-stream 57.5 KB