Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.
Date: 2016-04-12 12:51:41
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> If there will be simple way, how to fix it, then I'll fix my extensions. But
> new API is working only when the extension has own share memory segment. For
> some complex extensions like Orafce it means expensive refactoring.
>
> What is worst, this refactoring is difficult now, because I support older
> versions when I have not private shared segments.

You don't need a separate shared memory segment. You might want to
have a look at what we did for pldebugger:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pldebugger.git;a=commitdiff;h=14c6caf08bb14a7404a8241e47a80ef5f97e451e

I think the problem is similar to the one you are facing with orafce.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company