Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Peter van Hardenberg <pvh(at)pvh(dot)ca>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Date: 2016-11-03 13:46:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Mithun Cy <mithun(dot)cy(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Ah, nuts. Thanks, good catch. Should be fixed in the attached version.
>
> I repeated the test on new patch, It works fine now, Also did some more
> negative tests forcibly failing some internal calls. All tests have passed.
> This patch works as described and look good to me.

Great, committed. There's still potentially more work to be done
here, because my patch omits some features that were present in
Victor's original submission, like setting the failover timeout,
optionally randomizing the order of the hosts, and distinguishing
between master and standby servers; Victor, or anyone, please feel
free to submit separate patches for those things.

Thanks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company