Re: update tuple routing and triggers

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: update tuple routing and triggers
Date: 2018-02-07 15:04:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 12:52 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> About renaming es_leaf_result_relations to
> es_tuple_routing_result_relations, I will defer that to committer. But on
> second though, maybe we don't need to make this patch larger than it has
> to be.

+1 for renaming it. I like keeping the patch small, but not at the
price of being misleading.

+ /*
+ * Since we're newly creating this ResultRelInfo, add it to
+ * someplace where others could find it.
+ */

How about: "Since we've just initialized this ResultRelInfo, it's not
in any list attached to the estate as yet. Add it, so that it can be
found later."

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company