Re: Hot Standby Feedback should default to on in 9.3+

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby Feedback should default to on in 9.3+
Date: 2012-11-30 19:35:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Does anybody have an argument against changing the default value?

Well, the disadvantage of it is that the standby can bloat the master,
which might be surprising to some people, too. But I don't really
have a lot of skin in this game.

While we're talking about changing defaults, how about changing the
default value of the recovery.conf parameter 'standby_mode' to on?
Not sure about anybody else, but I never want it any other way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company