Re: pgsql: Support Parallel Append plan nodes.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Support Parallel Append plan nodes.
Date: 2017-12-06 13:48:08
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 5:01 AM, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> This looks good.
>
> In attached revised patch, just added some comments in the changes that you did.

Committed, thanks. It's rather embarrassing that I didn't notice this
problem, because I did compare that logic with the preceding loop. I
concluded it was OK on the theory the previous loop would have already
given up if there were no partial plans. But that's wrong, of course:
the previous loop will not have given up if it grabbed the last plan
in a list of only non-partial plans. Oops.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company