Re: pgsql: Support Parallel Append plan nodes.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Support Parallel Append plan nodes.
Date: 2017-12-06 15:29:16
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 5:01 AM, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> In attached revised patch, just added some comments in the changes that you did.

> Committed, thanks.

While this patch (looks like it) fixes the logic error, it does nothing
for the problem that the committed test cases don't actually exercise
any of this code on most machines -- certainly not whichever one is
producing the code coverage report:
https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/executor/nodeAppend.c.gcov.html

Can we do something with Andres' suggestion of running these test cases
under parallel_leader_participation = off?