Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Jesse Zhang <sbjesse(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Date: 2020-08-13 19:39:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 12:30 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
> So, in our world, wouldn't this translate to 'make cfbot complain'?

This seems like it would be useful, but we'd have to figure out what
to do about typedefs.list. If the patch is indented with the current
one (which is auto-generated by the entire build farm, remember) it's
likely to mess up a patch that's otherwise properly formatted. We'd
either need to insist that people include updates to typedefs.list in
the patch, or else have the cfbot take a stab at doing those updates
itself.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company