Re: Postgre Cross compilation for coldfire processor.

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Suneel Kumar M <SuneelKumar(dot)M(at)lnties(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgre Cross compilation for coldfire processor.
Date: 2011-12-01 20:11:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Suneel Kumar M
<SuneelKumar(dot)M(at)lnties(dot)com> wrote:
> I have downloaded postgresql-8.4.9.tar.gz and compiled for X86 and installed
> the package it is working fine.

Great. But why use a version that is two major releases out of date?

> Now I wanted to Cross compile and port it to my Target.

This mailing list is for bug reports, not advice about cross-compiling.

That having been said, given that it runs Linux, I would expect it to
be possible to get PostgreSQL working, but given that I don't know
anything about Coldfire, I can't promise that. In any case, if you
want more advice on this topic, I suggest posting to a more
appropriate mailing list with specific details of the problem you are
having.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--
Robert Haas