Re: Easy language switching for the documentation website

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, PostgreSQL WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Easy language switching for the documentation website
Date: 2011-07-08 15:06:32
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> This thing relies upon the URLs being the same, right? So if we want
> to do that, why do we need to fiddle with javascript - we could just
> put links directly into the templates and have "real links" instead of
> javascript, no?

Yeah. I also wonder if it's a good idea to add so many "official"
looking links to sites that we don't manage. We have spent a lot of
time ensuring that our primary site is mirrored across multiple
servers and is able to handle error conditions gracefully. I'd rather
see the foreign language docs on the same servers, and also with the
same stylesheets, banners and menus etc, to avoid confusing the user
by sending them to a completely different site.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company