Re: Debugger column width issue.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Sachin Srivastava <sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugger column width issue.
Date: 2012-10-03 16:18:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Sachin Srivastava
<sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The parameter type's value exceeds its column width. (See attached snapshot,
> debugger_col_width.png).
>
> The attached patch (debugger_col_width.patch) fixes the issue by using
> wxGrid::AutoSizeColumn(int col).

I wonder if we should auto-size both the first columns and then fill
the remaining space with the third (with a suitable minimum size of
course).

Also, isn't the real problem here that the text is overflowing into
the next cell, instead of being hidden from the border onwards? iirc,
there's a property or attribute you can set to control that, but I
cannot find it right now...

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com