Re: Time series aggregation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS" <ramkumar(dot)yelai(at)siemens(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time series aggregation
Date: 2012-06-27 16:14:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS
<ramkumar(dot)yelai(at)siemens(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks Dave.
>
> I have reset the pgagent.pga_job.jobnextrun when server restarts, however it will be reset by pgAgent, when it starts.
>
> Following are the steps, I have done.
>
> 1. Around 2:45 PM, I have stopped the server
> 2. I have started the server at 4:03 PM and I reset the jobnextrun ( from pgAdmin UI ) to 3:00PM.
> 3. Soon I started the pgAgent at 4:04PM, the jobnextrun is changed to 4:04 PM and it run once.
>
> Here, I lost the 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM aggregation.

The only way I can see for that to happen is if the agent is killed
whilst the job is being processed. That will cause the job's nextrun
time to be reset during zombie clearance when the agent restarts. In
the normal case, the job will be run as soon as the agent enters the
main processing loop, where it will select all jobs with nextrun <=
now() and process them immediately.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com