Re: Time series aggregation

From: "Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS" <ramkumar(dot)yelai(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time series aggregation
Date: 2012-06-28 06:21:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

I use to shutdown the postgresql server by stopping the service, followed by that pgAgent server is automatically stopped.

However I am getting the following error message in service logger, while shutdown server.

Postgresql Service error message

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

Pgadmin error message

Failed to query jobs table!

The PostgreSQL Scheduling Agent - pgAgent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 7 time(s).

It looks like pgAgent is not properly shutdown as you said.

Would you please help me how do I resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar