pg_standby logging issues

From: Greg Swisher <gregs(at)oakhillcorporation(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_standby logging issues
Date: 2010-12-08 00:19:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using pg_standby in the recovery_command of recover.conf, and with the
­d option I am getting an entry every few seconds when it checks for the
trigger and WAL files.

If I leave out the ­d option, I seem to get nothing. What messages should I
see without the ­d option? ( I want to try to keep the logging down a
bit...)

It also seems that I am unable to rotate the log files while pg_standby is
running. If I rename the log file and immediately create it¹s replacement,
all the logging stops. I have to restart pg_ctl to get the pg_standby log
moving again.

What workarounds would you suggest for this case? Would you anticipate any
problem with scripting the logfile rotation and restart of pg_ctl on a
regular basis? Anything more elegant out there?

Thanks!!

Greg